Monday 1 April 2019

2019. #52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks; Week 14 Prompt: 'Brick Wall'

Week 14 Prompt:  'Brick Wall'

In Week 11 this year, I wrote about an ancestral family with a large family  – The Bartons and their brood.
In the process, I discovered that there were a few facts unverified and my tree began to crumble all around them.
I started to try and make sense of all the Bartons and Burtons with their names intermingled and I couldn’t get very far. The trouble was finding documents to verify the relationships. 
I am now stuck at whether Elizabeth SIMMONS 1750-1812 is a daughter of Esau SIMMONS  1730-1798 and Elizabeth BARTON 1730-1794 or maybe his wife was Joane GALLOP.
I have left them all in my tree at the moment and developed a notice that I have put in as their profile photograph:  



Hopefully, this will deter anyone from copying this information to their own tree.
And hopefully, I can knock down this brick wall in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment