Thursday 22 November 2018

#52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks. Week 47 Prompt:’Thankful'

Week 47: 'Thankful'


This prompt causes me to think of everyone and everything that has helped me in my genealogical journey
Giving me information, word of mouth stories, photos, books, records, and diaries.
Through this, I have made wonderful discoveries – Uncle Claude Palmer’s autobiographical notes; Wills for Shanks family members; photos of some of my great-grandparents (and other relatives) so I now know what they looked like -which is just so magical. 

I am thankful for all the resources now available on the internet. It has made research so much easier and with so much less travel.  I am thankful to all the willing and supportive helpers at my local Family History Society and for all those new friends on Facebook Genealogical and Family History sites. 

I am thankful to my brother who started research years ago and continued in his travels of Great Britain.  He left a large package of Family History documents for me.  Also, my Aunt Tibbie who wrote stories of the Pearce family.  My cousins - Jim who provided documents and his sister Isobel who has so many family photos.  Bev and George also supplied photos and oral stories, as did Lorraine and Wal, and on my mother’s side – Rosemary, my cousin in Tasmania.  Other family members have been interested and supported me in my ventures. My sister Frances in the USA - I check some of my memories with, as it is reassuring to both be on the same page, or to hear her version of things, after all, she was on the earth 3 years before me, so knew the older family members before I could.

Thank You all




                          

2 comments:

  1. Family history research is definitely a collaborative project reliant on the contributions of many people and sources. Doing family history research, on and off, for more than 50 years I am very grateful for the assistance from a wide range of people. I also appreciate the additional opportunities for research provided by the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki’s blog
    I think the support and friendships one makes add so much positivity to family history research as a pastime, or in my case - obsession!

    ReplyDelete