Friday 11 May 2018

#52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks. Week 19: 'Mother's Day'

Week 19 Prompt: 'Mother's Day'

My little story today is about my 6 X Great Grandmother - Anna McBean, who was born about 1670 in Inverness, Scotland.  
She married Donald McIntosh/Mackintosh and was mother to my  5 X Gt Grandfather Alexander Mackintosh.


Parish Record of birth and baptism of Alexander McIntosh 
son of Anna McBean and Donald McIntosh.

Alexander married Christian Ross
Their son John married Margaret Morrison
They named their son Alexander and he married Isabel Cairns
They had Richard who married Elspeth Gary  
Then their daughter Isabella Mackintosh married James Finlay Lumsden
They had a daughter also named Isabella - Mackintosh Lumsden and this is where my family name comes in - she married Francis George Pearce  - my father’s parents.

Sadly I haven’t found out anything about Anna to get to know her at all or to share in my story.

One thing I do know though is that she would not have had a Mother’s Day celebration in those days. So I am saluting her today and thanking her for being the oldest proven grand-mother in my family.

2 comments:

  1. A sweet thought to honour your 6th grandmother..
    I have included your blog in INTERESTING BLOGS in FRIDAY FOSSICKING at
    https://thatmomentintime-crissouli.blogspot.com/2018/05/friday-fossicking-may-18-2018.html
    Thank you, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chris - I just wish one could meet their ancestors and hear their stories

    ReplyDelete